Cogito ergo sum

Friday, May 06, 2005

DON'T QUIT

when things go wrong as they sometimes will...
when the road you’re trudging seems all up hill...
when the funds are low and debts are high...
and you want to smile, but have to sigh...
when care is pressing you down a bit...
rest, if you must, but don’t you quit!

Life is queer with its twists and turns.
As everyone of us sometimes learns.
And many a failure turns about.
When s/he might have won had s/he stuck it out:
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow –
You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out –
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
You
can never tell how close you are.
It may be near when it seems so far:
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit –
It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.

-Author Unknown-
from the American Dream

I read this poem in my diary, it's a poem brought to Yogya by one of the probably American Indonesian language student in my former company.
I read this over and over last night and I memorize it. I gave this poem to Bbg when he was down and out looking for a job.
Never think I would need it someday. Every single word in the poem is true (*wink wink*, very true ya Rusma, especially the first verse).
I just have to do the second and third verses and hope everything will be okay.
I know being a woman you are less regarded, and that everything will only come at double efforts.
I've fought the fight too long, I lost all my strength. With The Apprentice's woman team losing four times in a row, I nearly think woman are truly dumber, worse, and weaker than man. I asked Bbg if it's true, he said no. But then he loved me so much he'd say anything to suits me, but then again he never lied. And I do think that he meant what he said.
Well The Apprentice's woman team won last night! With a triple fold win! So I guess I still have something going on. Just have to change something's in my surroundings. I don't know what it is right now. But I'll figure out.
I can't believe I feel this way, after we close one of a big project. I brought the lead and we win it! :) And we have fulfil this year's target.
I guess something happened along the way. Tried to brush it out, but it kept brushing in. :)
Marriage, :) ..., for someone very very dear to my heart, I am quite sure a marriage means a failure. The facts that I do not do and done it all before marriage, add to the fact that the marriage would means a failure and a shutdown of dreams. I have never ever dissapoints her in my entire life. But this time I cannot help it. And it just breaks my heart crushed.
Nevertheless, stick to the fight when you're hardest hit!
It's when things seem worst that you must NOT quit!
:) -better now that I said it and have it washed out of my heart- :)
thanks for reading my bleak postings this far!!!

6 Comments:

  • Hey, the final 2 in the this season's Appentice are BOTH WOMEN!!!!! Hehehehehe...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 PM  

  • yup betul.. this season woman's rule....

    btw, sebetulnya man and woman can be equally successful kok...beberapa saat yang lalu majalah TIME juga mengulas hal ini. Mulai banyak woman yang mulai masuk ke dunia yang di dominasi laki 2x, bidang science salah satunya.

    dan satu lagi, even the most powerful man always need a woman besides him. And i'd say hillary clinton surely make a better president than her husband is (i think behind the scene..she is).

    By Blogger kay's mom, at 3:14 PM  

  • eh.., si kelly tuh cowok lagi.., dan yang menang dia..

    hiks hiks...

    By Blogger Rea Yohannes, at 5:39 PM  

  • NO!!!!!!!!
    I meant the newest season...
    Gitu lho, say h.eh.e.heheh
    Elu nonton season kemarin tuh...
    Hehehehhee

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45 AM  

  • Really!!!?!!
    WOw..., that's a mood booster for me, definitely!

    Wah..., either one who wins, I don't really care then..

    :D :D ;D

    By Blogger Rea Yohannes, at 9:41 AM  

  • hehe.. iya.., seems to be so sad that me.., a feminist!, is the one who lose faith in a woman.
    It's just that so many things passed me by that I started wondering, is it me which is stupid (that I will accept and do the best that I can), or is it some kind of glass ceiling (that is a fact of life, and I will fight to fight, knowing I have to put extra hours, extra miles, extra efforts, that's fine, I commit to it), or is it just that women are plain stupid or incapable, that whatever I do, whatever I learn, whatever strive, I will always be the last. That I cannot stand, that being the case, I don't know what then. Being born second class with no talent to strive, then I give up.
    :P Well..., for bright women it needs a double effort, then for me probably it will take a triple effort. One more effort then I will try! If it doesn't happen then.., I'll leave.. :P

    By Blogger Rea Yohannes, at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home