Cogito ergo sum

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

A Story

One girl, being very depressed, one working day called her sick boyfriend at home at lunch time.
Girl: "I'm going to your place, right now!"
Boy: "But I want to sleep, this evening I'll pick you up at your office."
Girl: "No..!! I want to go to your place NOW...!"
Boy: "Argghhhhh... NOOO.....!"
Girl: "I AM VERY DEPRESSED. I HAVE TO SEE YOU NOW..., do you want me to do something
stupid and self-destructive!!!"
Boy: "NO... no..., please don't. Do you know the alley leading to my place?"
Girl: "No.."
Boy: "Then how? I'll come to your place!"
Girl: "No.., you're sick. I am going now to your place. Is there any place near there we can
meet?"
Boy: "Okay.., let's go to the Plaza adjacent to Cikini Railstation"
Girl: "Okay.., I'm going now."

With a stern, don't mess with me face, the girl went down her office and catched an ojek nearby to go to the designated place to meet him. Over lunch, they discussed.
Boy: "What happened this morning? Why are you so depressed?"
Girl: "Nothing.., it's actually from yesterday I have these feelings. Feelings that probably, first, I'm not gonna get all that I want in this life of mine, partly probably because I am not capable, and the fact that I am a woman just add to that..."

And the girl kept talking and talking for two hours about the dissapointments in her life, the fact that she really is not that excited about getting married, settle down, and have kids. And also the fact that she feels time is running out on her for her to fulfil her ambitions, partly passed down by her parent, yet all of the ambition is also 1000% wanted by herself.
It is the combination of mismatch luck, just barely enough strength and mind/political power. And of course being the only woman in the team, sometimes adds on some dimensions.
Bottomline, having marriage in the To Do list, eventhough long term, and having all these others items in her To Do list that has long overdued, even after five whole years of stretchtrying to achieve them. She felt spent, ran out of time, and dissapointed, by herself. In other words, having her dreams shattered.

And the boy kept encouraging the girl for two whole hours, listening and sympathizing.., thinking and giving advice, sometimes in stern way, sometimes in soft way.
And they both have been seated in that McDonalds restaurants for two hours.
Boy: "Am I that unimportant to you?"
Girl: "No.., if you go I'll also be shattered."
Boy: "But then you are also shattered that you don't have your dreams"
Girl: "Yes.., I want them ALL.., I want my parent to be happy, I want you, and I want everything that I wanted."
Boy: "There will be no problem. You should be thankful you have me.
I have nothing against you attaining ALL your dreams. Even after...
I would be totally supportive.
You know, all my dream is only to be with you and to be happy.
That is all my dream. There's nothing else.
I believe all other things will follow, after I am with you and happy.
I know you don't believe that. But I do, and that is all my dream."

The girl felt silent and think.., why on earth could she just want something as simple as that? That would make her life a LOT easier.
But she just can't. She has this life just once, and she wants to do it all...
But this boy in front of her, is just like a diamond for her, very valuable.
And as for now..., she just wants to keep him.

4 Comments:

  • EHm... understood the girl's feeling - TOTALLY. :)
    But then, I believe that she should make the best out of what's there NOW, esp. when she has such a "CARING+SUPPORTIVE+LOVING' guy who is always there for her. ;)

    As for attaining her dreams... I would say… She should stay optimistic. LIFE is full of surprises. We just never know what is waiting ahead of us. Moreover, everything happens for a reason, right? L O L

    JIA YOU!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 AM  

  • Sometimes we just want to make things happened not just for us..we want our parents to be happy, we want our friends to be happy etcetera..etcetera...BUT we forget one thing, What makes us happy. Are we doing things for ourselves or others?

    What you have in life is already beautiful..you have a nice and steady career, blessed with beauty and brain, families that love you and a boyfriend that adores you so much. Believe me..lots will be envious of you and willingly to trade place with you.

    And remember, the grass is always greener on the other side....and I'm not lying by saying I myself admire your courage so much..not many people, especially woman who live up their dream like you.

    Trust me, what you have now is beautiful...don't ever regret for things you haven't achieved yet...good things come to those who wait...

    By Blogger kay's mom, at 8:28 PM  

  • dearest Rea,
    I remember many nights ago when we discussed about woman's freedom at your place. We're so different, you're such a feminist and I am so old fashioned (getting married, cookin' for my guy and tending for my children and home are my only passion in life). Yet, you said, no matter what,I'm free,coz I know that I have the choices in my hands, THE OTHER lives I'll be able to live, but I've made my choice. I'll give your words back to you Re, you are free, and that's the most precious thing. You only live once and you're free to choose the way to waste it. :)Remember, there will be only about 70 years left for us,not much time left, hei? just be sure that in the end of your visit here, there will be no regret... enjoy your time..

    Evil Harum -ON- Mode

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:45 PM  

  • yes.., correct harum.. ! :D
    you are 100% correct!
    we are free to chose. I should chose. My problem now with this guy is that, now I want it ALL.. hehehe.. rakus sih yah..., but let's see lah..
    I will keep on trudging on, live is just once..., what else to do? Just trudge on and we'll see...! :D
    LOve,
    rea

    By Blogger Rea Yohannes, at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home