Cogito ergo sum

Monday, May 09, 2005

Ode to a great You...

To always fetch me when I'm down..
Thank you for a great you..
To follow me and cover me..
To wait for me lovingly and patiently..

I could not ask for a greater deed..
Since the greatest deed you have done to me..
None is as lucky..
Yet more often than not..
You're taken for granted..

This time I want to thank you for every single thing that you do.

Thank you to come and pick me every single night..
Thank you for always picking up my call even in an important meeting..
Thank you for waiting for me for more than a decade..
Thank you for always do all of my requests..
Thank you for tending me even when you're down..
Thank you for drinking my half-brewed coffee..
Thank you for eating my half-cooked vegetables..
Thank you for waiting for me at the side of a road, not once, not twice, but countless times literally..
Thank you for taking me shopping and taking me places..
Thank you for your patient presence when I'm down and out or boiled and exploded..

Thank you for your love that can always be count on..
Thank you for your kind words that I always get from you..

Your love choked me good, literally..
And I don't know why and what..
did I do to deserve such kindness..

I did nothing, that's for sure..
I was just the one who was brave enough..
To go upfront and claim you..
A very great You.

What a lucky me.

3 Comments:

  • The best thing in life: Someone that always loves you no matter what. Thru good and bad times.

    By Blogger kay's mom, at 9:42 AM  

  • mengingatkanku pada lyric lagune Dido "Thank You"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:43 AM  

  • Lebih kayak lagunya Alanis Morrisette'nya Thank You kali yah.. hehehe

    By Blogger Rea Yohannes, at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home